Ovaj oglas je istekao 01.12.2016. i više nije aktivan.
Sadržaj oglasa prikazan je isključivo u informativne svrhe.
Economic Development Consultant
- Mreža za izgradnju mira
- Ekonomija - finansije - osiguranje, Neprofitne organizacije
- Mjesto rada:
- Rok prijave:
|Opis radnog mjesta:||Economic Development Consultant
Location : Bosnia and Herzegovina, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Application Deadline : 01-Dec-16 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 9d 13h 48m
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : International Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 12-Dec-2016
Duration of Initial Contract : December 2016 – January 2017
Expected Duration of Assignment : Maximum 25 expert days
The Municipal Environmental and Economic Governance (MEG) Project (2016-2020) is an intervention financed by the Government of Switzerland and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the FBiH Ministry of Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts, the FBiH Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry, the Ministry for Administration and Local Self-Government of Republika Srpska (RS), the RS Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management and both entity Associations of Municipalities and Cities.
The Project’s overall goal is defined as follows: Municipalities, assigned with appropriate competences and finances, have improved their democratic governance and provide public services in an inclusive, effective and efficient manner, particularly those related to economic and environmental sectors.
Against this overall goal, three broad lines of action are envisaged:
1. Democratic public policy and sound management processes within local governments (LGs);
2. Provision of high quality public services within the economic and environmental sectors that are responsive to citizens’ needs;
3. Regulatory frameworks at higher government levels enable effective public service delivery.
Among other actions planned to contribute reaching the Project objectives is renewal and improvement of the regulatory frameworks, which contribute to more effective governance and public service delivery. To that end, the Project will support the improvement of the relevant entity law, which, among others, will provide for defining and future management of business and economic infrastructure in the FBiH, in line with trends and practices from European Union countries. The legal act will have a strong impact on local economic development and governance, with potential contribution to economic growth and job creation. Therefore, this assignment will contribute to the achievement of the Project Output 3.1: “Constraints in the regulatory framework related to service delivery in economic and environmental areas are addressed in a participatory and on-demand manner at local and higher government levels with the engagement of Associations of Municipalities and Cities”.
The purpose of this consultancy is to contribute to the process of drafting the Law on Incentives for Small Businesses in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH), thus improve the overall regulatory framework enabling economic development and management of economic infrastructure in the FBiH. For this purpose, an Economic Development Consultant (hereinafter the Consultant) will be engaged.
The main objective of the consultancy is to provide support to the FBiH Ministry of Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts in the process of reviewing and upgrading the existing legal framework on Incentives for Small Businesses Law in the FBiH. This support will entail provision of expert inputs and guidance that will ultimately result in concrete recommendations for improving the legal framework supporting small business in the FBiH, as per country strategic priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will have the task to review relevant legal frameworks (from European Union Member States and neighbouring countries) that regulate incentives for small business and stipulating economic infrastructure, so as to take stock of prevailing trends and identify relevant models and approaches to be considered for the FBiH law. Then, the Consultant will make concrete inputs and recommendations for the law-drafting process. Last but not least, the Consultant will consult the emerging changes and key concept of the draft Law with representatives from the private sector and practitioners from local and cantonal governments, as well as the FBiH Association of Municipalities and Cities.
The Consultant will be responsible for the quality of inputs as validated by the Project Team and representatives from the FBiH Ministry on Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts.
More specifically, the Consultant will have the following tasks:
Task 1: Conduct desk research
Firstly, the Consultant will meet with the Project Team and the FBiH Ministry for Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts, so as to discuss in more details the assignment and deadlines. Subsequently, the Consultant will collect and review all relevant documentation, such as existing concepts related to the new law developed by the FBiH Ministry for Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts, the Reform Agenda 2015-2018 for Bosnia and Herzegovina, the existing relevant legislation, as well as the FBiH Work Plan for Entrepreneurship and SMEs Development 2016-2018.
Then, the Consultant will conduct a review of relevant legal frameworks, to cover 1 -2 European Union Member States (including Croatia) and 1 – 2 neighbouring countries (such as, for example, Serbia), which regulate incentives for small business and provide the broader framework for categorising and improvement of business infrastructure. A brief comparative legal review paper (up to 3 pages) highlighting best approaches and trends as per practice of the European Union/pre-accession countries will be produced and presented to the FBiH Ministry for Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts.
It is envisaged that this task will be delivered by early December 2016 and the level of effort will not exceed 5 expert days.
Task 2: Conduct consultations with key stakeholders
The Consultant will conduct consultative meetings with representatives from the private sector, local and cantonal governments and the FBiH Association of Municipalities and Cities, to ensure their voice and recommendations are embedded in the law-revision process.
It is envisaged that this task will be delivered by mid-December 2016 and the level of effort will not exceed 10 expert days.
Task 3: Provide expert inputs
Based on the results of desk research and consultative process with relevant stakeholders, the Consultant will work directly with the FBiH Ministry for Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts in the revision of the Law on Incentives for Small Businesses in the FBiH. The expert inputs and guidance will be based on the identified best approaches and practices from the European Union. The expert assistance will include support in drafting the new Law in line with the relevant EU legal framework (Small Business Act).
It is envisaged that this task will be delivered by mid-January 2017 and the level of effort will not exceed 10 expert days.
The consultant is responsible for the following deliverables:
Task 1: Conduct desk research:
· Collected and reviewed relevant documentation and legal frameworks;
· A brief comparative legal review paper prepared and presented to the FBiH Ministry for Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts; Early December, 2016 (5 expert days);
Task 2: Conduct consultations with key stakeholders:
· Consultations with key stakeholders (representatives from the private sector, local and cantonal governments and the FBiH Association of Municipalities and Cities) organised; Mid-December 2016, (10 expert days);
Task 3: Provide expert inputs:
· Following desk research and consultations with key stakeholders, direct expert assistance provided to the FBiH Ministry for Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts in revision of the Law on Incentives for Small Businesses in the FBiH. Mid-January 2017, (10 expert days);
|Vrsta posla:||rad na određeno vrijeme|
|Regija:||Bosansko-podrinjski kanton regija, Distrikt Brčko regija, Hercegovačko-neretvanski kanton regija, Kanton 10 regija, Posavski kanton regija, Republika Srpska regija, Kanton Sarajevo regija, Srednjobosanski kanton regija, Tuzlanski kanton regija, Unsko-sanski kanton regija, Zapadnohercegovački kanton regija, Zeničko-dobojski kanton regija|
|Znanja i kvalifikacije:||Competencies|
Corporate Responsibility and Teamwork:
· Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
· Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time;
· Strives for and promotes excellence in performance continually;
· Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
· Generates ideas and seizes opportunities to support corporate strategic objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds;
· Recognizes and responds appropriately to the ideas, interests, and concerns of others;
· Builds trust and engenders morale by displaying open, transparent and credible behavior;
· Respects individual/cultural differences; utilizes diversity to foster teamwork;
· Ensures others’ understanding of, involvement in, and adaptation to a change process.
Partnering and Networking:
· Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies;
· Ability to work as a member of a team as well as work autonomously.
· Plans and procedures quality results to meet established goals.
· Technical writing skills, formulates written information clearly and persuasively;
· Strong communication skills;
· Shares information openly with co-workers and partners while using discretion to protect confidences;
· Presents information in a clear and articulate manner.
Job Knowledge and Expertise:
· Strong analytical skills;
· Knowledge in strategic planning and methodology development;
· Demonstrates substantive knowledge on economic issues and activities with an emphasis on local communities;
· Executes day-to-day tasks systematically and efficiently;
· Initiative and sound judgment.
Required Skills and Experience
· University degree in relevant field. Advanced degree will be an asset.
· At least 7 years of relevant experience in the field of economic development, competitiveness and business infrastructure, with focus on formulating and monitoring public policies and frameworks in this area in European Union or Western Balkan countries;
· Previous experience, practical work and delivery of technical assistance to relevant governmental bodies in the field of economic development policy reform is required;
· Previous experience in legislating processes in the subject matter is a distinct asset;
· Previous knowledge and understanding of the economic context and framework in Bosnia and Herzegovina is considered a unique asset.
· Fluency in all official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and in English.
Applicants are required to submit an application including:
· Letter of interest;
· CV / Personal History Form (P11 application form);
· Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee as a lump sum (including travel expenses to selected localities and all other applicable fees and costs related to the assignment).
· For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 62 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy;
· Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
· Technical Criteria weight-70%
· Financial Criteria weight- 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points for technical criteria assessment would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
REFER A FRIEND APPLY NOW
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=69603
|Minimalna stručna sprema:||Fakultet|
|Potrebno radno iskustvo:||šest do deset godina|