Ovaj oglas je istekao 18.01.2017. i više nije aktivan.
Sadržaj oglasa prikazan je isključivo u informativne svrhe.
National consultant for Comparative analysis of wood biomass quality on B&H’s market
- Mreža za izgradnju mira
- Ekonomija - finansije - osiguranje, Elektrotehnika i strojarstvo, Neprofitne organizacije
- Mjesto rada:
- Rok prijave:
|Opis radnog mjesta:||National consultant for Comparative analysis of wood biomass quality on B&H’s market
Location : Sarajevo, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Application Deadline : 18-Jan-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 20d 13h 32m
Additional Category : Resilience and Climate Change
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Expected Duration of Assignment : January 2017 – July 2019 (35 working days)
Analysis of wood biomass quality situation in B&H’s market at initial and final phase of the project and its comparative analysis. This includes comparative analysis of the suppliers’ wood biomass quality and the quality of the wood biomass used by the end users (including the heating power plants in B&H that are using wood biomass) at the initial and final phase of the project, assessment of the project impact on the quality of wood biomass at B&H market and recommendations for improvements. As an overall analysis of B&H’s wood biomass market, the analysis shall include comparative analysis of current B&H’s wood biomass standards with EU demands and requirements in this field.
The Overall Objective of the assignment is to conduct the comparative analysis of wood biomass quality situation in B&H’s wood biomass market at the initial and final phase of project to contribute to the increment of the wood biomass quality and the quality of wood biomass that is used by the end users (including the heating power plants in B&H that are using wood biomass) through Project activities.
The project “Biomass Energy for Employment and Energy Security – Follow Up Project” is directly implemented by UNDP Bosnia and Herzegovina Country Office.
The key project objective is contribution to the improvement of local population living standard by long term reduction of the CO2 emissions, through a general approach of a higher renewable energy share in the B&H energy targets for gross final energy consumption. Domestic benefits include employment generation, energy security, greenhouse gases (GHG) emission reduction, economic development of micro regions, contribution to BiH’s EU accession, and establishment of sustainable mechanisms for financial support of wood biomass projects and raised awareness regarding benefits of using wood biomass for energy generation.
Since 2009, UNDP Energy and Environment portfolio in BiH includes a number of projects that contribute to environmentally sustainable development and use of natural resources. This project is aimed at increasing the wood biomass demand, improving wood biomass supply chain, overcoming technical, legislative and awareness barriers and enhancing research on these issues throughout BiH.
Project activities are designed in order to lead to stronger partnerships, networking and supporting schemes within the private, public and government sectors. These activities are contributing to the following outcomes of the project:
· Developed policy for sustainable wood biomass utilization in BiH reflected to the legislation and use in practice;
· Quality and availability of the wood biomass energy carrier for heating purposes increased due to the adoption and use of improved methods of wood biomass processing;
· Business models and financing schemes developed and enabled for investments in wood biomass infrastructure projects / Implementation of demonstration projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Consultant for Comparative analysis of wood biomass quality on B&H’s market will work under direct supervision of the GEF project manager to complete all activities specified in this terms of reference.
Scope of work
Consultant for Comparative analysis of wood biomass quality on B&H’s market will produce an analysis focusing on the following activities:
· Examination and comparison of the supplier’s wood biomass quality and the quality of currently used wood biomass by the end users. The assessment of end users shall include the analysis of quality of wood biomass that is used by heating power plants in B&H.
· Comparison and critical analysis of B&H’s wood biomass standards with EU requirements in this field.
· Assessment of project impacts on issues related to wood biomass quality at B&H’s market with recommendations for future improvements.
· Summary report of a conducted analysis with key findings and recommendations
Deliverables and timelines
The consultant is responsible for the following deliverables:
Deliverables (outputs) Deadline
Plan for conducting an analysis of wood biomass quality situation in B&H’s market
· detailed description of methods and tools;
· timetable for planned activities February 15, 2017.
Report on analysis of wood biomass quality situation in B&H’s market at initial phase of the project
· analysis of the supplier’s wood biomass quality and the quality of currently used wood biomass by the end users (including the heating power plants in B&H that are using wood biomass) at the initial phase of the project;
· comparison and critical analysis of B&H’s wood biomass related standards with EU requirements in this field;
· presentation of the final draft to UNDP for approval April 01, 2017.
Report on analysis of wood biomass quality situation in B&H’s market at final phase of the project
· analysis of the supplier’s wood biomass quality and the quality of currently used wood biomass by the end users (including the heating power plants in B&H that are using wood biomass) at the final phase of the project;
· identification of potential changes related to wood biomass standards and their inclusion in conducted analysis;
· presentation of the final draft to UNDP for approval May 31, 2019.
Report on comparative analysis of wood biomass quality situation in B&H’s market at initial and final phase of the project
· comparative analysis of wood biomass quality, assessment of the project impact on its quality as well as recommendations for its improvements;
· findings related to B&H’s wood biomass standards and their harmonization with EU requirements in this field;
· presentation of the final draft to UNDP for approval July 01, 2019.
Summary report of a conducted analysis with key findings and recommendations
· overview of key findings obtained from analysis of wood biomass quality situation in B&H market and key recommendations for its improvement;
· presentation of the final draft to UNDP for approval July 15, 2019.
|Vrsta posla:||rad na određeno vrijeme|
|Regija:||Kanton Sarajevo regija|
|Znanja i kvalifikacije:||Competencies|
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UNs values and ethical standards;
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, disabilities, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
· Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
· Knowledge of the data gathering process, organization and conducting the research in field of forestry and wood processing industry, economic analysis related to these branches of economy would be an asset;
· Experience related to biomass policy and legislation/regulation development and implementation;
· Experience in data collection and analysis for at least 2 different projects in field of forestry and wood processing industry, experience from Bosnia and Herzegovina preferred;
· Experience in conducting similar analysis relevant to the forestry and wood processing industries;
· Good understanding of and established communication with key stakeholders in country’s energy & biomass sector;
· Proven record of delivery of services demonstrating excellent data collection, analytical skills is required;
· Experience in drafting wood biomass studies, analyses, good analytical and communication skills, excellent writing and communication skills in Local language and English;
· Excellent computer skills and experience in presentation techniques and excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Deals openly, honestly and transparently with issues, resources and people.
Required Skills and Experience
· Masters’ degree in an appropriate subject (forestry, mechanical engineering, economics).
· At least 10 years of experience in providing consultancy services related to forestry, wood processing industry, economics of natural resources, or similar.
· Fluency in both written and spoken English and local languages.
Applicants are required to submit an application including:
· Letter of interest;
· CV / Personal History Form (P11 application form);http://www.ba.undp.org/content/bosnia_and_herzegovina/en/home/operations/jobs.html);
· Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee as a lump sum (including travel expenses to selected localities and all other applicable fees and costs related to the assignment).
· For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 62 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy;
· Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
· Technical Criteria weight-70%
· Financial Criteria weight- 30%
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
REFER A FRIEND APPLY NOW
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Minimalna stručna sprema:||Magisterij|
|Potrebno radno iskustvo:||deset i više godina|